Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Santa's haircut

This whole Santa business can get tricky - and Matthew is only 4! We were sitting admiring our new Santa photo when Matthew asks me why Santa's beard was so short this year and more grey than silver. I claimed that I didn't notice any difference, so he went a got last year's photo to show me. Sure enough, last year Santa had a (fake) long, luxurious silver beard. This year Santa's beard was grey, shorter and much coarser (and real!)

I quickly explained to Matthew that just like everyone else, Santa needs to trim his hair and he must have done it recently. As for the silver/grey discrepancy I think he forgot about it while we were discussing Santa's haircut. Good thing too because I'm not sure what I would say.

If you have any suggestions let me know - the topic is likel to come up again knowing Matthew.

No comments: